Development Coordinator Job Description
The Friends of the Maine State Museum (MSM) is a constituent based organization that provides financial support and public advocacy for museum programming and together with MSM staff seek opportunities for expansion of financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations for specific museum objectives. The ROLE: The Friends of the MSM Development Coordinator is primarily responsible for all donor accounting and reconciliation using QuickBooks Pro, 2014 on the desktop. The Coordinator assists the Development Director with the administrative duties of fundraising appeals.This is currently a part time position at 24 hours per week to be worked Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday with Thursday's off. Generally speaking, the team member will work from 9AM-3PM 4 days per week. There may be the requirement of more hours during event-related weeks. Very little work will occur on the weekends.
- Using QuickBooks Pro, 2014 and Filemaker pro database, Microsoft office suite, web and reporting tools, accurately record, manage and report on donors and contributions. Accuracy and organization is vital.
- Accurately and timely administer accounting for the Friends of the MSM and for all funding associated with the Friends, prepare checks and obtain appropriate signatures.
- Accurately and timely send renewal notices, thank you notices, reminder notices and appeals per solicitation schedule.
- Assist the Development Director, MSM Director and Deputy Director as needed in the submission of grant proposals. Ensure accurate tracking and reporting of funds as requested.
- Work with staff to organize and assist with the planning and implementation of all Friends Events, many of which will occur outside of stated business hours and many may require additional hours to be worked during the week of the event.
- Work to assist in the preparation of lists for the Friends Newsletter, Postcards, Mail Pieces, and, monitor and ensure appropriate business communications materials and supply stock.
- Attention to detail, accuracy in all information recorded and sent
- Experienced in quickbooks, excel, accounting and general ledger practices- reconciliation.
- Experienced in data entry ; speed and accuracy is important
- Experienced in data base management and reporting; accuracy is critical
- Experience with fundraising practices and development office work- donor relationships and stewardship- Experience working with third party vendors; printers, postal, caterers and the like
- Able to record meeting minutes accurately
- Excellent communications and writing skills, well versed in Microsoft Office and Email etiquette
- Ability to think independently to creatively solve problems in collaboration with staff
- Ability to work independently and to inform appropriately, asking for guidance when needed
- Ability to accept direction and collaboratively work across MSM departments and with MSM constituency base, excellent listening skills
- Ability to occasionally work beyond a 24 hour week
- Other duties as assigned within the scope of Development Work and Fundraising Growth
Job Type: Part-time