Job Title: Trolley Driver Department: Security
Job Status: Seasonal, PT or FT Reports to: Front Desk Supervisor
Job Summary: The Cottages at Summer Village is a seasonal resort consisting of 247 individually owned cottages on 65 acres. It has 3 pools, 2 kiddie pools, a hot tub, a pavilion where community events are held, 4 tennis courts, 6 shuffleboard courts, a basketball court, baseball, volleyball, and soccer fields, and two playgrounds. The trolley driver would be responsible for driving owners and guests to and from these amenities.
Full time and part time positions available.
· Drive owners and guests to and from various amenities throughout the property while adhering to the schedule, road rules and speed limits set forth by Summer Village
· Maintain logs for all riders on trolley
· Keep trolley in a clean condition throughout shift
· Operate trash compactor throughout shift as needed when maintenance staff is not on property
· Locking pool fences at closing time; ensuring all doors to common area buildings are locked at the end of the evening
· Have a strong commitment to and knowledge of hazards and threats to safety.
· Notify General Manager immediately of any issues that may arise with owners, guests of owners or renters
· Assist other departments when the need arises.
· Other duties as may be assigned by the General Manager
· Proven experience driving a trolley preferred
· Knowledge of public safety and security procedures/protocol
· Knowledge of English language
· Integrity and professionalism must be abundant in every situation
· Maine or NH driver’s license in good standing
· Ability to pass a comprehensive national criminal background check
· Ability to operate a golf cart if needed
Education or Experience (including computer skills):
· High school diploma or GED
· Ability to be standing for an 8-hour shift, when necessary
· Ability to run, as a situation may require
· Ability to be sitting in a trolley or golf cart for extended periods, when necessary
· Ability to be switching from standing, sitting, walking, continually throughout a shift
· Ability to work in an outdoor environment for the entire shift, including in the heat of the summer and in inclement weather
· Basic bending, squatting, lifting, and other similar strenuous activities which may be required in accomplishing the assigned tasks.
The Cottages at Summer Village is a seasonal resort consisting of 247 individually owned cottages on 65 acres. It has 3 pools, 2 kiddie pools, a hot tub, a pavilion where community events are held, 4 tennis courts, 6 shuffleboard courts, a basketball court, baseball, volleyball and soccer fields, and two playgrounds.
Summer Village is open from May 1st through October 31st, including all holidays occurring during that time, and is closed for the remainder of the year.