General Ledger Accountant (95147)
Bonney Staffing - Biddeford, ME
Who We Are:
At Bonney Staffing, we work hard to find the right fit for every job seeker. Our client relationships and unconditional commitment to integrity will allow you access to exciting opportunities you might otherwise never see in a variety of Front Office, Light Industrial, Medical, Manufacturing, IT/Support, and Warehouse settings, and beyond. Take the guesswork out of your job search and get noticed by the right people when you partner with one of our expert recruiters.
The General Ledger Accountant position in Biddeford is responsible for creating journal entries, reconciling ledger accounts and assembling supporting documentation, as well as tracking the contents of accounts, creating portions of the financial statements and writing related disclosures. This is a full time 1st shift position. You will provide data support for various business tracking processes, perform fixed asset and construction in progress accounting, as well as perform revenue, expense and inventory accounting. You will prepare monthly and quarterly reporting schedules for Bank filings, interface and assists with internal and external audit, and prepare DCAA and DCMA incurred cost submissions. You’ll help perform some purchasing related tasks, support various audits, and perform limited analysis. If you enjoy playing a key role in monthly and quarterly close process this may be the job for you!
What We Need From You:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2 or more years of experience performing key functions within financial closing cycle
- Internal and commercial systems proficiency required for the position including
- Microsoft Office Suite, Sage 100, Project Management Systems
- Motivated self-starter with strong communication skills
- Proficient in Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Strong understanding of accounting best practices
- General understanding of cost accounting
- Demonstrably effective organizational and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrably effective in engaging with employees and maintaining an open-door policy
- Strong personal organization
- Sensitive toward consistently meeting changing and challenging deadlines
- Creative problem-solver
- In-tune with senior management's work product expectations
- Not afraid to challenge status quo
- Internal and commercial systems proficiency required for the position. Ex: Microsoft Office Suite,
- Sage100, Project Management Systems
- Experience with government contracts preferred
What You Will Receive:
At Bonney Staffing, we live and breathe our core values. Our company culture is to hold our internal and external employees to the highest standards of hard work, commitment, professionalism in attitude and ethics, and the gratitude that we are part of a fun and generous team. When you join our company, this is what you can expect:
- Pre-placement screenings, training, and support at no cost to you.
- Starting pay commensurate with experience.
- A commitment from Bonney Staffing to your personal and general safety.
- Optional health and prescription coverage programs while you are on assignment through
- Bonney, with the addition of a $2,000 Sign-on bonus, Medical Dental and Vision (effective on date of hire), PTO (Paid Time off), 8 paid holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401 (k) plan with employer match, and Tuition reimbursement through the employer when you are hired on permanently.
- The opportunity to work for one of the worlds most innovative companies near you.
- 24/7 local servicing and support through your Bonney Staffing branch office for general inquiries and employee support for issues such as pay and onsite accidents.
- More than 40 years of experience in the staffing and recruiting industry from which to draw upon.
- A new environment in which to grow.