We are looking for a personable and trustworthy person with mechanical and electrical knowledge to support our service department by carrying out tasks independently and as part of a team.
Troubleshooting ability and communication skills to assist customers via phone, email, installation, testing, diagnosing and maintenance of the SCFN extraction systems as well as training new and existing customers on using their SCFN equipment. Tasks will be varied and include a lot of hands-on training as well as computer usage and interaction with many people inside and outside of the company.
- Plan and perform installations
- Work closely with the Management and the factory to resolve field service issues
- Assist in providing technical support for installed systems
- Assist in the development of new systems
- Setup and monitor preventive maintenance programs
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Travel regularly to support any quality or design problems reported by customers. Trip duration's of one week not uncommon.
- Periodically attend training sessions and Factory Acceptance tests at the factory in Italy.
- Conduct field visits periodically, complete trip reports and observation sheets outlining the major results of the visit noting follow up actions required
- Assist in sourcing and ordering parts required to repair equipment problems
- Complete a detailed description of any major service required, including hours spent on the repair, during the visit
- Schedule major service calls in conjunction with the customer and coordinated with Management
- Evaluate each customer’s ability to operate the equipment safely and efficiently and make recommendations as to possible changes that can be made to achieve the recommended improvements
- Meet with the customer production supervisor and find any production problems encountered and determine how they can be addressed
- Preferred Bachelors or Associates Degree in Engineering or equivalent industry experience
- Substantial professional or extensive personal experience with mechanics and electronics
- Average or better computer skills including MS office
- Self-motivated with a strong analytical mindset and willingness to learn new skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Customer Service-minded
- Physically able to lift and move heavy objects if needed along with reasonable mobility and flexibility
Please forward resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org