Job Title: Biotechnician
FLSA Status: Non- Exempt
The Biotechnician is responsible for performing basic laboratory functions under supervision or according to specific procedures and directions.
The Biotechnician maintains laboratory operations through procurement of supplies, performing routine maintenance of equipment, and keeping a clean and safe laboratory environment.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Use basic laboratory equipment (pH meter, balances, centrifuges) to prepare buffers and biological reagents.
- Verify and ensure that proper processes and procedures are followed in accordance with standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Keep accurate and current documentation using various SOPs in a GMP environment.
- Communicate results both verbally and in writing with peers and supervisors.
- Maintain and organize laboratory work areas. Order supplies as required to maintain efficient workflow.
- Perform additional job duties within manufacturing areas as assigned.
- Minimum requirement of an Associate degree or equivalent work experience.
- Maintain inventory supplies to ensure efficient workflow.
- Possess basic proficiency with computers and Microsoft Office software products.
- Exhibit good working relationships and communication skills, must be dependable, punctual and attentive to detail.
- Capacity to recognize and document variances in processes, procedures and results.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Ability to meet production schedules and maintain a clean laboratory environment.
- Exhibit positive and professional working relationships with team members and members of other functional areas.
Work Environment / Other Requirements:
At SDIX LLC our work environment varies significantly from job to job. Ability to lift or move 50 pounds and work/travel throughout plant environment of varied temperatures and humidity; grasp and hold small objects, a full range of motion, and to wear personal protective equipment. Follow all prescribed safety measures and practice good chemical hygiene when working with bioreagents and chemicals. Daily contact with employees in other departments is required.