The position of Product Development Engineer will work with the R&D team to develop new products and enhance existing products in the life safety, rope access market. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with our product develop team to design innovative products for the climbing and professional rope access markets.
- Provide clear, concise and well-organized presentations of design ideas and concepts to staff.
- Perform industry research on products, materials and emerging technologies to support development work; combining necessary trend, material and market research into product line.
- Plan for product categories and product line extensions
- Create 3D concept renderings.
- Test functionality of prototypes and manage field testing of prototypes.
- Maintain detailed and organized project documentation.
Qualifications & Skills
* BS in Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years’ experience in mechanical product design.
- Experience with hardware design, industrial design & product design highly desired
- Basic knowledge of material properties including synthetic fibers, metals and plastics.
- Basic knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Strong knowledge of aesthetic form as it applies to various product lines.
- Strong knowledge of product design and development process
- Detail-oriented, organized, and deadline driven.
- Proficient technical writing skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to present concepts to sales and marketing teams.
- Experience with solid modeling software such as Solid Works.
Occasional travel required and may include travel outside the US.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
The work environment for this position requires time spent in the office, manufacturing facility, test laboratory, and occasional outdoor activities. Moderate noise and lifting of 50lb can be expected.
Job Type: Full-time