Operates Extrusion Line
Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow all Policies and Procedures
- QC Checks
- Go/nogo Tooling
- Color Testing
- Wrap Lifts
- Change Vents Properly
- Change Deck Guard Film
- Make Length Changes
- Reads production schedule sheet for product specifications such as dimensions, colors, and profile
- Housekeeping (clean work area)
- Ability Read a Tape Measure
- Records Run Sheet for Correct Machine/Line Settings
- Follows All Company Safety Regulations
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Use of Technology - Demonstrates required skills; adapts to new technologies; troubleshoots technological problems; uses technology to increase productivity; keeps technical skills up to date.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Cooperation - Establishes and maintains effective relations; exhibits tact and consideration; offers assistance and support to co-workers; works cooperatively in group situations; works actively to resolve conflicts.
- Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Conflict Resolution - Encourages open communications; confronts difficult situations; maintains objectivity; keeps emotions under control; uses negotiation skills to resolve conflicts.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Personal Appearance - Dresses appropriately for position; keeps self well groomed.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity; works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic computer knowledge.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Regular Exposure to Moving Mechanical Parts
- Frequent Exposure to Fumes or Airborne Particles; and Extreme Heat
- Occasional Exposure to Wet and/or Humid Conditions
- Usually Loud Noise Level
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly Required Stand While Performing Job Duties
- Frequently Required Walk; Use Hands to Finger; Reach with Hands and Arms; Stoop; Kneel; and Crouch
- Must Frequently Lift and/or Move Up to 50 Pounds
- Specific Vision Abilities: Close Vision; Distance Vision; Color Vision; Peripheral Vision; Depth Perception; and Ability Adjust Focus
This Production Operator II job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee filling this position. Employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by management. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this job description. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- A Shift (6:45 AM to 3:00 PM)
- B Shift (2:45 PM to 11:00 PM)
- C Shift (10:45 PM to 7:00 AM)
- Shift Differential: B & C Shifts
Barrette Outdoor Living is an equal opportunity employer.