The Maintenance Assistant assists the Maintenance Director with maintenance and proper operation of all plant equipment, and systems in physical plant. Assists with new equipment installation, preventative maintenance program, machinery and equipment repairs, physical structures, pipe and electrical systems in the plant. Fills in for the director in their absence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment.
- Performs preventative maintenance and maintains PM schedule.
- Reviews proper operation and basic maintenance with operators and supervisors to avoid malfunctions.
- Works with operators, Supervisors or other maintenance employees to diagnose problems or repair machines.
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts.
- Cleans and lubricates proper parts of machinery.
- Understands electrical systems and PLC. Installs and repairs electrical apparatus, wiring, electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment.
- Lays out, assembles, installs, and maintains pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, and repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment.
- Repairs and maintains physical structure of establishment.
- Installs, programs, or repairs automated machinery and equipment.
- Schedule, prioritize, and control maintenance activities (including maintenance logs).
- Recommend and implement equipment improvements to increase efficiency.
- Work with Maintenance Director to avoid delays in production due to equipment issues.
- Attend safety committee meetings in Director’s absence.
- Maintain good housekeeping standards throughout the facility.
- Maintain a safe working environment for all employees.
- Maintain work area in an organized and clean manner.
- Utilize and maintain required PPE.
- Understands impact of Sterling Rope production operating procedures.
- Must be available for occasional after hours emergencies evenings and weekends in the absence of the Maintenance Director.
- Other duties that may be assigned.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or higher; minimum five years related experience and/or training. Valid Driver's License.