Perform all duties associated with fulfilling Sterling Rope orders, according to established protocol.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of relevant machinery and tools associated with shipping rope
- Fulfills customer orders, ensuring correct product and documentation is included for each
- Maintains an understanding of internal inventory system and procedures, including part numbers and item codes and descriptions
- Maintains inventory of all materials used for shipment
- Maintains clean and organized workspace, including ensuring accurate labeling
- Manages and recycles waste according to department protocols
- Demonstrates safe working practices, including appropriate attire and safety gear, and brings any safety issues to the attention of management immediately
- Maintains and updates appropriate levels of documentation, including labeling and sorting product
- Operates efficiently and with as little waste as possible while still maintaining high standards for quality
- Effectively communicates needs, problems, and ideas with supervisor
- Demonstrates basic understanding of all Sterling Rope products, as well as the ability to identify most by sight
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Has a basic knowledge of each department within the plant
- Actively monitors product for issues and takes steps to troubleshoot if a problem is identified, notifying supervisor if something doesn’t look or feel correct
- Recommend efficiencies or areas of improvement when relevant.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and make sound decisions.
- Strong attention to detail, commitment to quality, and organizational skills.
- Respectful and positive attitude.
- Basic verbal communication skills, as well as customer service skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work with frequent interruptions and changing priorities.
- Ability to plan workload efficiently.
- Willingness to assist others when necessary.
- Flexibility and desire to learn new skills
- Ability to obtain a forklift license within three months of hire