Job Title: Maintenance Technician II
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Responsible for repairs and maintenance of facility buildings, equipment and grounds, facility security, and assist with facility planning, with all activities conducted within Company financial goals.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Plans, directs and assists with preventative maintenance and repairs to facility buildings and equipment, to include electrical, plumbing, mechanical, carpentry, painting, calibration and related tasks.
- Plans, directs and assists with upkeep of facility grounds and related tasks.
- Plans, directs and assists with facility security, to include alarm systems, generators, weekend coverage, and related tasks. Must be available to respond to emergency calls 24/7 unless out of town on approved vacation.
- Assists with facility janitorial services, to include cleaning and maintenance of laboratories, offices, lunchrooms and common areas, rubbish disposal services and related tasks when janitorial staff is unavailable.
- Assists with facility planning, to include maintaining floor plans, researching and evaluating building and equipment designs, collecting data and related tasks.
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe work environment.
- Maintains maintenance related inventories; maintains supply/storage areas, reports work activities, and related tasks.
- Create/revises SOPs to maintain regulatory compliance; trains staff, evaluates and implements systems, documents progress, advises management, and related tasks
- Trains to GMP standards, works with QA to assist in evaluation of equipment and facility change control and maintenance of site maser file.
- Oversees and manages outside contractors, seeks and reviews bids from outside contractors
- Acts as general contractor in construction of new facilities or major repairs when needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Qualifications: (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Education, Experience, Job Skills, Equipment Skills, and Certifications)
- High School Diploma
- Advanced skills in two or more trades (carpentry, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, etc…)
- 5 years maintenance or contracting experience
- Previous supervisory experience
- Thorough knowledge of permit process for construction and repairs
- Computer literate with Word, Excel, internet, email and related programs.
- Knowledge of maintenance related SOPs (calibration, preventative maintenance, etc.)
- Certification programs in electrical, plumbing, mechanical, carpentry, or welding.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Accurately costs projects and new builds
- Ability to conduct repairs
- Accurate maintenance of logs
- Ability to lead projects to completion on time
- Ability to train staff
- Communicates project status to leadership
- Recommendations to improve efficiencies
- Familiarity with advances in trades and applications to facilities.
Supervises a team of housekeeping and outside contractors. Conducts performance discussions, and provides continuous feedback and coaching, conducts disciplinary discussions as appropriate.
Work Environment / Other Requirements:
Exposure to outside working conditions in all seasons. Exposure to fumes, dust, noise, smells, chemicals, and precarious places. Position involves the need to stoop, reach and lift 100 lbs., climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. Occasional overtime and weekend work required. Must report any infectious conditions prior to reporting for work for possible re-assignment of duties. Rotation of 24 hour on call coverage may be required. Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.