The Quality Technician position will work with the Quality Manager to define and develop work instructions and production travelers (think of them as recipes) for our production team.
Casco Bay Molding develops and manufactures plastic and silicone medical devices and components in Sanford, Maine. Your role will be a critical link between our customers’ needs, Casco’s internal quality requirements, and the final products that we ship.
Are you interested in working for a growing small business? Do you work well under pressure and possess great organization and clear communication skills? This role is for you.
Quality Technician – QMS Administration Responsibilities Include:
Note: Training and ongoing support will be provided.
- Define and entering customer orders into our evolving QMS (Quality Management System)
- Generate fulfillment travelers for packaging our proprietary products and customer products
- Create production travelers with all necessary details regarding tooling, production equipment, raw materials, and bulk packaging
- Define customer-specific work instructions for all factory production and pack-out jobs
- Measure what a “good” part is in terms of cosmetics, dimensions, form, and function
- Train floor quality techs and machine operators as to what defines an acceptable part through clear and respectful communication
- Be comfortable in a factory and shared workspace environment
- Maintain and respect Casco’s QMS as reflected in Casco’s Google Drive
- Maintain clear schedules and be able to set priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Assist in developing and sometimes enforcing internal quality standards and processes for the sales and production teams
- Able to take and record accurate part measurements
We would be excited to hear from you if:
- You are logical and can prioritize tasks effectively—even if a demanding customer or team member disagrees.
- You are seeking a position with lots of potential. We want someone who can learn and grow with our company.
- You are highly organized and can maintain a schedule.
- You are a clear and diplomatic communicator (written and verbal), unafraid to remind our team members of upcoming deadlines and tasks, but being extremely kind and courteous to our customers.
- You are fluent in Google suite, Microsoft suite. Experience with other data management software is a plus.
Casco Bay Molding of Sanford, Maine specializes in the development and ISO:13485 certified production of technically-challenging silicone and thermoplastic medical, consumer, and industrial parts. Products range from menstrual cups to kitchen faucet inserts to medical devices.
We are a fast-growing enterprise with customers around the world as well as our own e-commerce brands. We are looking for a new team member excited about working in a startup environment.
Job Type: Full Time
Must be able to commute to Sanford, Maine.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Pay Range: Starting pay $40,000-50,000/year depending on skillset.
- Earned Paid Time Off: 88 hours, 120 hours after 5th years
- Health insurance, 75% of individual paid by Casco Bay Molding
- Matching 401(k) retirement plan (company matches up to 3% of employee’s contribution)
- Monthly quality bonus if goal is achieved.
- 9-5, 5 days a week
- Breaks: There is a 10 minute and a 30 minute paid break during each shift.
- You may be required to work additional hours, for overtime, as required.
Casco Bay Molding is both an office and factory environment with hazards. You will be expected to keep work areas clean, wear close-toed shoes (sneakers or work boots), and hearing and eye protection in designated areas.