Gary’s Fuel Service has an opening for a licensed heating fuel delivery driver – #2 fuel oil, kerosene and liquid propane. This individual must possess a valid CDL with the appropriate HAZMAT and tanker endorsements and a clean driving record. Propane “Delivery Technician” CETP certification preferred.
- Customer service focused – courteous driving, respect for our customers and their property, timeliness, urgency, professional demeanor and clean appearance.
- Experience with, and ability to work outside in, various extreme weather and driving conditions.
- Ability to repeatedly lift and move heavy objects, climb in and out of elevated truck cabs, drag fill hose over varied terrain.
- Familiarity with heating systems, including the ability to bleed, start, pressure test, relight, etc, customer systems and appliances, as needed.
- Willingness to work a fixed daily schedule. Potential for after-hours winter emergency call outs when on call.
- Safe operation of company vehicles, including vehicle cleanliness, mandatory daily pre/post trip inspections and problem reporting in accordance of DOT & NFPA regulations and Gary’s company policies, adherence to posted speed limits and traffic rules at all times.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work without close supervision, as well as follow scripted delivery routes when necessary.
- Ability to work with others in the delivery team, as well as with other departments as needed in order to achieve company goals.
- Familiarity with and adherence to company policies, safety policies and local, state and federal regulations related to this position.
- Ability to follow direction, perform accurate deliveries, proper processing of delivery details and paperwork, accurate accounting of vehicle inventory and our bulk plant.
- Performing every duty in a safe manner, participate in ongoing safety training and education.
- Reports any safety concerns or code violations at delivery sites to location manager.
- Works closely with all teams to update customer information when needed to ensure efficient deliveries and top-notch customer service.
- Valid (Class B) Commercial Driver’s License with a HAZMAT and Tanker endorsements
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen, DOT physical and Homeland Security Background Check.
We offer competitive wages, benefits including health insurance, individual retirement plan participation with company matching contributions, discounted home heating fuel, products and services, paid holidays and personal time off, training and other forms of employee support.