Majority of work is completed inside a heated building
Basic Job Functions:
- Doing quality work as efficiently as possible, in a timely manner, in accordance with customer needs and company schedules
- Make recommendations to improve profitability of repair jobs.
- Assuring proper diagnosis is done before work starts on a job
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- College Graduate (Preferred)
- ABYC or other Dealer Certifications (Preferred)
- At least 4 years of experience as a leisure and commercial marine technician
- Valid Driver’s License
- General technician Skills
- Ability to maneuver boats on the water independently and with auxiliary propulsion (preferred)
HOURS & COMPENSATION:
- Full time position (40hrs per week 8am-4:30pm Monday – Friday). Overtime possible.
- Hourly compensation based on experience plus Monthly Team Incentive bonus.
- Benefits available, including Health & Dental insurance, Health Reimbursement Account, Holiday Pay, Vacation Pay, and Retirement Plan.
- Positions are available for immediate hire.
- We will accept applicants without a resume.
- Applicant will be asked to fill out application paperwork before on-site interview.
- Applicant should be able to prove their skills to the department manager during the interview. We will not ask for a demonstration so the applicant will need to be able to "talk the talk".
- References will be contacted by the department manager if they feel it is necessary.
Portland Yacht Services is a full-service Boatyard on the Portland waterfront with approximately 41 employees and over 865 years of combined experience. We provide customers with a full spectrum of services for outfitting and maintaining motor or sailing vessels. We are a continually expanding company with expertise to handle major restoration, refits and repair projects to wood and glass boats. These repairs include hull, engine, outboard, rigging, and electrical work. We are looking for qualified candidates to help us provide exceptional service to our customers, which are growing rapidly with our 2019/2020 installation of the largest Travel Lift between Portsmouth and Camden and new buildings and facilities to support their needs. www.portlandyacht.com Come join our team