The Clerical Director will report to the Chief Nursing Officer (CNO). The Clerical Director will assist the C-Suite in providing leadership and support for front desk staff of HOMETOWN Health Center. Job purpose revolves and acts out HOMETOWN Health Centers mission, vision, and value statements.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (Essential Job Functions)
- Track Patient Specialist procedures for consistency and accuracy.
- Performs role effectively by job utilizing all resources with minimal waste of supplies, materials, time and within allotted time frames.
- Properly utilizes and maintain all equipment.
- Demonstrates safe behavior in all aspects of job.
- Utilizes higher education, seminars, professional publications and hospital in-services to remain current in profession.
- Answer and directs telephone lines in a courteous and professional manner.
- Maintain patient confidentiality, at all times.
- Provide coverage when necessary.
- New Hire onboarding scheduling and training.
- Monitors accuracy of registration and collection of demographics (UDS) information
- Monitor and make suggestions to CNO for improved systems between Patient Specialists, Finance and MA.
- Acts as a resource for all Patient Specialists.
- Relay any concerns appropriately.
- Maintain Patient Specialist schedules.
Education: High School education
- Minimum of 2 years of medical office experience preferred.
- Ability to work collaboratively with people of diverse cultures and lifestyles.
- Ability to communicate effectively with HHC team.
Licensure: None required
· Strong organizational skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to prioritize and be flexible
- Ability to communicate articulately and comprehend written and verbal communications.
- Ability to function efficiently in a fast-paced working environment.
- Ability to effectively problem-solve situations as they arrive
- Customer oriented.
- Willingness to learn.
Reports to: Chief Nursing Officer
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT REQUIREMENTS
Environment Demands/Exposure to Hazard: Long periods of VDT exposure
- The work requires light to moderate exertion on a regular and recurring basis, such as: lifting, bending, pushing, pulling, stooping, kneeling, and reaching.
- Carry of light to heavy items such as: books, papers, files, and medical/office supplies and sitting in the work area.
- Multi-interruptions; deadlines (sometimes short lead time); personable at all times (phone, public, employees); reading multiple handwriting.
MANUAL DEXTERITY REQUIRED:
- Eye, hand coordination (reading, typing, answering phone, taking messages, directing public, etc.).
- Able to do multiple tasks efficiently and effectively.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT STATEMENT:
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job specific functions (listed within each job specific responsibility) either unaided with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by the organization on a case-by-case basis.