The Housing Foundation provides affordable housing and support services for Maine families, seniors, and disabled adults. We currently manage 616 units of housing in twenty-one locations. We also operate five Senior Meal Programs and a Child Care Center.
The Accounts Payable/Receivable Clerk position is an intracule part of this team. The assigned duties pertain to multiple entities and locations with many moving parts. This position will work hand in hand with the Finance Director and the Executive Director.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for the preparation and issuing of Accounts Payable checks, including examination of bill, proper authorizations, processing in Sage Account (Peachtree)
- Responsible for tracking the measurable consumption at various properties, including: oil, gas, electric, water, sewer.
- Record daily Cash Receipts for all entities into Sage Accounting (Peachtree).
- Account Payable filing in a timely manner.
- Responsible for pursuing Bad Debt Collections with a 3rd party agency or residents.
- Monthly reconciliation of all Bank Statements.
- Monthly reconciling and billing of postage, copier, faxes and mileage.
- Maintain and reconcile Petty Cash.
- Perform other such duties as are assigned.
- Familiar with Sage (Peachtree) Accounting Software
- Accounts Payable experience
- Efficient in Excel spreadsheets
- Organized, self-starter and able to multi-task
- Prior office experience with regards to working with others, answering phones and greeting walk-in tenants or applicants
- Long-term disability
- Health Reimbursement
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick
- Paid holidays
- Earned Paid Leave
The Accounts Payable/Receivable Clerk position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 40 hours per week, located in Orono. This position has a starting pay of $33,280.
Resume and Cover Letter must be submitted when applying.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $33,280.00 per year