Gorrill Palmer is seeking a talented and career minded individual to serve as Project Manager leading a Land Development Team at our corporate office located in South Portland, Maine. We seek a goal-driven individual that wants to lead a variety of exciting mixed-use projects in Northern New England. Working with a diverse team of gifted and experienced individuals, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to expand their client base and portfolio of projects.
Independently applies diverse engineering skills and experience on major and multiple projects. Manages projects from proposal phase through bidding and construction, including providing technical guidance, budget control and schedule control. Provide critical and constructive review on all aspects of projects for conformity and quality assurance. Supervises all staff necessary to complete assignments on time and within budget.
- Marketing (Team, Group and Company) to meet your Team’s workload goal of being 100% self-sufficient. Responsible for Team members attaining their Billable Goals.
- Prepare, review and manage scope of services, budgets, schedules and subconsultant efforts. Draft and negotiate proposals and agreements for complete projects.
- Manage multiple projects and delegate tasks to multiple staff
- Develops day to day schedules for staff and manages project budgets
- Independently perform, evaluate and review engineering calculations and analyses
- Prepare and review engineering reports, permit applications, bid documents and other typical written communication
- Review and troubleshoot plans, hydrologic and hydraulic models, site design, utilities, drainage, value engineering, constructability items and calculations
- Review, understand and interpret design guidelines, specifications, ordinances and rules and regulations associated with site development design, including municipal, state and federal regulations, and other applicable design criteria.
- Attend and present at design team, client and regulatory review meetings
- Interact/communicate with staff, team members, contractors, and regulatory officials
- Supervision and mentoring of all staff
- Manage schedules and deliverables to exceed Client expectations
- Processes invoices, prepares Contract Amendments, and manages receivables
- Receives guidance and supervision relating to overall project objectives, critical issues, new concepts, policy matters and unusual design conditions and developments
- Typically 4+ years of experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in CE from an ABET/EAC accredited program
- Strong Client Relationship Skills
- Strong leadership, management, written and oral communication skills
- Professional License required
Please forward your resume via mail or e-mail to:
707 Sable Oaks Drive, Suite 30
South Portland, Maine 04106
Gorrill Palmer is an Equal Opportunity Employer