Location: Applicants must reside in Maine to be considered for this position.
· Develops academic policies and programs in cooperation with the President, COO and Deans.
· Provide senior level academic oversight to provide quality control over the development of curricula, instructional resources, and academic processes.
· Provide oversight of School of Business and Technology faculty as Dean.
· Facilitate the training of school deans’ in institutional policies and procedures.
· Provides academic oversight, with collaboration of Deans, to institutional enrollment management efforts.
· Oversees school deans’ evaluation, training, professional development, and management of their program directors.
· Provide a mentoring environment to school Deans.
· Perform annual performance evaluations of school Deans.
· Perform classroom observations of school deans who are teaching classes.
· Serves as a member of the Management Team.
· Chairs the Academic Advisory Committee.
· Ensure compliance with all federal and state government, institutional accreditation (ACCSC), and university policies regarding academics.
· Oversees, with collaboration of Deans, to ensure compliance with specialized programmatic accrediting criteria (AAMA, CAHIIM, NLN).
· Remain current with developments in institutional and programmatic accreditation and state agency regulation including attending conferences and training webinars.
· Provide guidance and update university policies on governmental requirements, including complying with the Higher Education Act (HEA), Title IX, the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), reporting obligations under the Clery Act and Violence Against Women Act (VAWA), and other regulations impacting the university.
· Ensure compliance with VA (Veterans Affairs), SEVIS (Foreign Student Visas), NC SARA (interstate distance education) and submission of required reporting.
· Ensure USDOE and Title IV reporting is submitted timely and accurately maintained (PPA/ECAR, Eapp, EzAudit) regarding academics.
· Ensure reporting to State of Maine regulatory agencies (Higher Education, MSBON/Nursing board, etc.) is submitted timely and accurately maintained regarding academics.
· Serve as a resource for interpretation and implementation of regulatory and accreditation standards.
· Oversee adequate record maintenance and ensure processes are in place to document compliance efforts.
· Supervise the process to plan, schedule, and coordinate academic and administrative educational support in preparation of periodic program reviews, campus visits, and self-studies.
· Interface with individual departments to follow-up on tasks and projects related to accreditation and compliance.
· Conduct analyses of university documents for consistency, accuracy, and updates.
· Write correspondence, documentation, and reports to agencies governing the university.
Required Skills and Knowledge
· Understands online and campus-based pedagogies
· Utilizes adult learning theory in the administration of academic programs leading to student success
· Proficiency in institutional accreditor, federal and state regulatory requirements as they affect the academics of the University.
· Three to five years of experience with accreditation, licensing, Title IX, ADA or other administrative departments in higher education.
· Experience with document resource management, filing, and tracking systems.
· Ability to interpret academic and administrative policies and procedures.
· Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks and produce reports under strict guidelines.
· Ability to handle multiple responsibilities, task-oriented projects, and details simultaneously.
· Ability to work independently.
· Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
· Must be able to exercise discretion and decision-making abilities.
· Doctoral degree required
· Minimum of 3 years of academic senior leadership experience
· Experience with regional accreditation and Canadian provincial educational regulations a plus