Medical Assistant Program Director and Adjunct Instructor – On campus - Full Time and Part Time positions available
Beal University in Bangor has core values in student success and lifelong learning. For over 129 years, Beal University has served as a leader in providing education in high demand career fields.
The Medical Assisting program courses at Beal University are delivered online, hybrid, and some are 100% on-ground. All courses are offered in 8-week terms.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Instructing students on campus in clinical lab classes in urinalysis, ECG, Phlebotomy, and medical administration. This position will be teaching the students the clinical and some administrative lab skills/competencies that are required by our program accreditor: CAAHEP/MAERB.
- Maintaining a good working relationship with all remote online instructors who may be teaching the theory portion of the course in which the students will learn prior to coming to the lab for those specific skills. Communication and teamwork are key to this position.
- Follow current course outlines, objectives, and evaluation mechanisms for the program and/or develop such when indicated by the Program Director.
- Maintain a lesson plan of daily instructional events.
- Monitor student academic activity and retention and document as required by the administration.
- Grade assignments, returning graded assignments to students, and assigning final grades for all students in a timely manner (i.e. less than 48 hours from the due date of the assignment/homework).
- Provide educational assistance to students during regularly scheduled times (i.e., office hours) or by appointment.
- Maintain professional expertise (faculty development and professional growth) to meet accreditation standards by attending educational seminars in professional field; attending teaching improvement as provided including mandatory online training and reading current literature, attending online courses, etc.
- Ensure that students follow the catalog guidelines daily.
- Attend all scheduled mandatory meetings.
- Serve on committees (e.g., curriculum development, retention, etc.) as assigned based upon expertise or campus needs.
- Utilizing LMS for class content, communicating with students and grading.
- Perform other duties as required.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- At minimum applicants must have an Associate degree in Medical Assisting or in a related field.
- Must possess a national Medical Assistant certification. Prefer either the CMA (AAMA) or RMA (AMT).
- Must have a minimum of three years working in the field.
- Prefer prior teaching/training experience. Teaching in an online environment is a plus.
- Familiarity with basic computer usage to include how to lead an online meeting via webcam for remote positions.