Beal University is actively hiring Adjunct Instructors for its Addiction Counseling/Substance Abuse programs (diploma, associate and bachelors degree). Full Time and Part Time positions available.
Classes are run in 8 week terms. This position is for an ON CAMPUS instructor teaching classes locally in the Bangor campus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain, prepare and provide all lecture, laboratory and clinical instruction according to the required curriculum.
- Monitor and follow current course outlines, objectives, and evaluation mechanisms for the program and/or develop.
- Maintain a lesson plan of daily instructional events.
- Monitor student attendance, academic activity and retention and document as required by the administration.
- Grade assignments, returning graded assignments to students, and assigning final grades for all students in a timely manner
- Provide educational assistance to students during regularly scheduled times (i.e., office hours) or by appointment
- Substitute in classes when necessary.
- Maintain professional expertise (faculty development and professional growth) to meet accreditation standards by attending educational seminars in professional field; attending teaching improvement as provided including mandatory online training and reading current literature, attending online courses, etc.
- Ensure that students follow the catalog guidelines daily.
- Attend all scheduled mandatory meetings.
- Serve on committees (e.g., curriculum development, retention, etc.) as assigned based upon expertise or campus needs.
- Perform other duties as required.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Must have Masters degree in related field
- LADC or comparable certification actively licensed
- Must have a minimum of three years working in the addiction counseling field
- Preferred prior teaching experience with online experience
- Pay by Course and/or Credit Hour
- Compensation dependent on experience, knowledge and education level