FLAHERTY’S FINANCIAL SERVICES, LLC
Flaherty’s Financial Services, LLC is growing and is seeking a Part Time Accountant to support clients with accounting, bookkeeping, tax, and compliance needs.
Do you have a passion for accounting and are you looking for part-time work with flexible hours? This might be the perfect position for you! Flaherty’s Financial Services, LLC is a Scarborough based firm providing accounting, tax and financial guidance to individuals and businesses including non-profit organizations.
The Part Time Accountant will assist with providing client accounting services and maintaining client records primarily through the use of QuickBooks online, QuickBooks desktop and Excel.
- This is a small office environment offering a casual work setting and flexible hours.
- This position is a part-time, regularly scheduled 24 hours per week position, and is based in our Scarborough, Maine office.
- Maintain accurate client records in various accounting software including QuickBooks (online and desktop versions) and Excel.
- Regular interaction with staff, vendors, and clients.
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliation including tracking and following up on accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Process monthly bank and credit card reconciliations.
- Assistance with payroll processing functions and related liability reporting.
- Prepare Form 1099’s and W-2's, sales, and payroll tax filings.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports to required parties
- Detailed and organized management of client records.
- Familiarity with tax implications of client records.
- Manage incoming and outgoing calls as needed.
- Assist clients with various projects including external audits.
- Minimum 4-year degree in Accounting, Finance or related field or 5 years of experience in an accounting related position. Current CPA or CPA candidates are welcomed.
- Must be able to read and understand financial statements.
- Ability to read and understand tax returns. Preparation experience is a plus.
- Must be highly proficient with QuickBooks.
- Be proficient with Microsoft Office products. Excel skills are a must.
- Familiarity with cash flow management.
- Be highly organized, have great attention to detail, and a positive demeanor in client service and communication skills.
- Be technologically adept with computer systems and software.
- Prior non-profit experience will be helpful.
PAY RATE: $25 TO $30 PER HOUR - Depending on applicable experience
HOURS PER WEEK: MINIMUM 24 HOURS PER WEEK