We have an opening for a part-time administrative assistant to help manage our day to day operations. Responsibilities include basic bookkeeping, event support, database management and general office support.
15 hours per week during daytime. Scheduling can be flexible.
Starting wage: $17 per hour
To apply please send resume, cover letter and three references to Sister Joanne Roy at: email@example.com or Esther Residence 27 Thornton Ave. Saco 04072
The mission of Esther Residence is to provide guidance in a safe and nurturing environment to women desiring to make positive life changes. We offer a safe, sober home for women leaving incarceration. Esther Residence provides recreational, employment and educational opportunities, healthy connections to family and community, access to counseling, medical and dental care.
Reports directly to Executive Director
- Administrative Support
This position is responsible for providing general administrative support as needed, including but not limited to:
- Perform basic bookkeeping tasks including paying bills, mailing checks, making deposits, invoicing, running financial reports, assisting with annual audits, etc.
- Purchase office supplies
- Prepare for Board of Director’s meetings by printing and emailing agendas, minutes, and other documents
- Maintain organizational files and documents
- Manage donor database
- Manage repair and maintenance of office equipment
- Perform general administrative support including maintaining volunteer calendar and calendar for executive director as requested.
- Special Events
- Coordinate Esther Residence tabling at community events
- Assist with the coordination of event logistics (mailings, publicity, etc.)
- Provide community outreach (education, housing, job development)
- Assist staff and residents with all electronic communication
- Assist with donor communications, including appeal and thank you letters
- Coordinate bulk mailing
- Maintain organizational archives
- Minimum two years related experience; non-profit experience preferred
- Proficiency with spreadsheets, databases, Microsoft Office, knowledge of Quickbooks a plus
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a dynamic work environment
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work as a team member with minimal supervision
- Solid written and oral communication skills and excellent phone manner
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to develop effective work plans, organize details, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Ability to operate and troubleshoot standard office equipment
- Interest in and commitment to Esther Residence mission
- Experience in social services and non-profit agency a plus