The Episcopal Diocese of Maine
Title: Administrative Specialist
Reports to: Canon to Administration
Position Overview: This part time staff position requires a dynamic, organized specialist who handles a wide range of complex tasks. The ideal candidate must be well-organized, attentive to detail, and possess strong communication skills. Database (ACS/Realm or similar) experience is required. This position requires high levels of confidentiality (signed agreement) and discretion. Availability for consultation during business hours (9AM-5PM, eastern) is imperative.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Provides administrative support in a team environment:
- Manages Database including collecting, organizing/inputs, and validating data,
- Proficient in Microsoft Office / OneDrive,
- Familiarity with Google Suite,
- Adept at virtual meetings platforms especially Zoom,
- Manages event logistics: particularly registration, for on- and off-site meetings, programs, seminars, and events,
- Creates and manages queries to provide database reports,
- Attends team meetings and events as required,
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Candidate must be energetic and customer service oriented; able to follow complex directions, motivated to work unsupervised, and learn/use different/new software platforms.
- 18 years of age or older, high school diploma required, associate’s or bachelor’s degree preferred with administrative and support experience.
- Able to work a regular, part time schedule, including summer and school holidays, with flexibility during peak seasons.
- Enjoy working in team environment with other staff. Has good humor.
- Comfortable working for and serving a religious organization. Knowledge of (or willingness to learn about) The Episcopal Church a plus.
- In person desired, also will consider remote candidates (excellent internet connection required) that are the right fit.