- M. Leonard International Inc. / Living Kitzbuehel USA / Sanita USA - Scarborough, ME www.lk-usa.com/ www.sanita.com
M. Leonard International Inc. is the US distributor of European comfort footwear brands Sanita and Living Kitzbuehel. Out of our Scarborough, Maine office, we distribute our products to many wholesale partners, shoe stores and consumers throughout the United States. We also operate the high-volume websites sanita.com, sanitadeals.com and lk-usa.com. We are a small team that absolutely loves clogs, slippers and helping our customers find the right pair! If you're interested in getting a hands-on experience in the shoe business, from design to sales, our small office is the right place for you! Bonus points if you speak a little German or Danish!
The Customer Support & Product Specialist will perform a range of customer service, marketing, and administrative support duties related to our direct-to-consumer website and nationwide wholesale retailer account base for Living Kitzbuehel of Austria and Sanita of Denmark, two authentic and established international footwear brands. With the right combination of professional integrity, communication skills, and customer-centered thinking, the candidate in this position can advance to a higher position in the company, including Field Marketing Representative or Sales/Marketing Coordinator. This in-office, 40-hour-per-week position presents the unique opportunity for the right candidate to work in a small, dynamic office environment and close to ownership/management to learn and creatively impact nearly all aspects of day-to-day operations. As the duties and interpersonal interactions are varied and fluid, a positive, resourceful, independent thinker with a can-do attitude is best suited for this role and best able to benefit from the professional opportunities beyond the position.
- Answer phone and email inquiries from consumers regarding product questions, order status, returns/exchanges, and general order related questions.
- Directly process orders from consumers who opt to place orders via phone instead of via websites.
- Answer phone and email inquiries from wholesale retailers and sales agents regarding inventory availability, status of backorders, and general product questions.
- Monitor all open customer service requests and facilitate all consumer orders matters through other departments (accounting, warehouse, management, etc.)
- Serve as product specialist to wholesale accounts and consumers
- Communicate any ongoing customer service problems directly to the Marketing/Customer Service Manager and provide administrative support to their ongoing initiatives.
- Study and understand all new products with the introduction of each new seasonal launch.
- Must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. (If you are hired, we will require you to prove that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.)
- Must have excellent customer service skills: 2-3 years of high-volume, client/customer service experience required; footwear or retail experience helpful
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new software and applications; comfortable with and knowledgeable about e-commerce and retail operations
- Strong, clear, and succinct written and verbal communication skills with a professional presence and presentation skills
- Strong ability to communicate and interact effectively with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders – including consumers, sales reps, customers, and management
- Strong computer skills, with proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word); Adobe Photoshop and InDesign (or Illustrator) experience a plus; alpha/numeric data entry required
- Graphic arts skills and experience are helpful
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently with strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong business ethics and professional integrity; must be reliable and responsible
- Proficiency in in-house systems that relate to sales/customer service functions (training provided)
- Associate or bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, business, or related area preferred or 2-4 years related job experience in corollary role
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to take initiative and patiently and creatively solve problems for customers
- Near/far vision required and ability to differentiate colors
- Salary based on experience
- Personal paid days: 15 days per year (includes vacation, sick, and personal days); paid personal days start after 90 days of employment
- Health insurance offered
- Opportunity to advance within the company
- Causal work environment with convenient location near amenities/highways
- Pro-work/life balance environment; open to schedule flexibility discussions after one year of employment
- Continued education opportunities: Outside training classes for job-related duties (i.e. computer, spreadsheet, databases, etc.) paid for by employer