The MSBA office administrative assistant provides support to the team. Responsible for confidential and time-sensitive information/materials. Must be organized, courteous, and efficient.
Primary duties include:
· Primary contact for front office inquiries.
· Answer and direct calls to the appropriate staff person/department.
· Database entry, including applications, evaluation forms, product orders, profile updates and event registrations.
· Prepare daily check log and make bank deposit. Oversee daily mail/package pickup and delivery at Augusta Post Office, including sorting and distribution.
· Schedule conference rooms, including maintaining online calendar and set-up/clean-up of rooms.
· Responsible for office supplies and equipment, including office supply inventory, ordering supplies, calling for equipment repairs, and postage machine and copier/printer maintenance.
· Assist membership department with lawyer swearings-in with the courts, including sponsor outreach and maintaining sponsor contact list.
· Statewide travel is required. Must maintain a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle. Other duties as assigned.
Education requirements: Education and experience working in administrative roles, and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe
Office hours are Monday-Thursday 8-4:30pm and Friday 8-3:30pm.
Annual salary is $35,000 ($18.44/ hour based on 36.5 hours /week) plus a fantastic benefits package that includes:
· 12 paid holidays per year
· 2 paid personal days a year
· 12 paid vacation days per year
· 12 paid sick days per year
· Health insurance
· Retirement package
· Life and long-term disability insurance
MSBA mission statement: The Maine State Bar Association promotes the honor, dignity and professionalism of lawyers, advances the knowledge, skills and interests of its members, and supports the public interest in a fair and effective system of justice.